Senior Industrial Designer with 13 years of experience specializing in Footwear Design. Passionate about creating world-class products, I have designed and engineered footwear solutions for global industry leaders like Converse, Li Ning and Adidas. Proficiently balancing multiple projects in fast-paced environments with challenging timelines. Leading design initiatives from conception to refinement to production. Strengthening partnerships with overseas manufacturing to bring quality products to market in a timely manner. Building relationships through positive collaboration with directors and teammates, as well as mentorship. Giving consumers enriched experiences based on functional design aesthetics and detail-oriented execution.
TESH Sports [11/2015 – 01/2017] – Oakland, CA
Senior Footwear Designer
- Analyzed development costs and proposed product line changes that would save over half-million dollars.
- Revamped footwear aesthetic to be more market-relevant, innovative, cost-efficient and align cross-categorically.
- Orchestrated the creation of marketing materials to be used in sales meetings and partnership acquistion.
Duane A Lawrence [08/2011 – 04/2015] – Portland, OR
Footwear Design Consultant
- Designed top-selling product in emerging Chinese market for Li Ning Basketball and their Dwyane Wade signature series.
- Branding, Product Design, Development, and Packaging for launch of startup athletic company founded by NBA player.
- Art Direction for product photography, website development, and social media marketing tools.
Adidas [03/2010 – 05/2011] – Portland, OR
- Revitalized mid-market product offerings worn by NBA All Stars such as Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Jimmy Butler and Chauncey Billups.
Li-Ning USA [01/2009 – 02/2010] – Portland, OR
Sr. Footwear Designer
- Designed advanced concepts for track, running, basketball and t’ai-chi categories at Global Innovation Center.
Converse [07/2004 – 12/2008] – Portland, OR
Designer (Lead Designer for Wade Signature)
- Reinstated Converse Basketball, selling millions of pairs at double-digit sell-through in consecutive years.
Nike [Summer 2003] – Portland, OR
Adrenaline Intern, Footwear
- Rotation through categories resulted in design of Alate mule. Mentorship under the industry’s leading design team knowledge from different aspects of the business.
Miami HEAT [1999-2001 Seasons] – Miami, FL
Team Attendant (Ballboy)
Written & Verbal Communication
Research & Development
2D Sketching and Rendering
College for Creative Studies – Detroit, MI
BFA in Industrial Design
Graduated: May 2004
Design and Architecture Senior High (DASH) – Miami, FL
Sports Fitness & Entertainment
Songwriting & Music Production
Travel & Adventure
2009 DASH Creative Minds Award